Hey AFF (awesome fitness family)
There are ONLY 2 ways to decrease your body fat PERCENTAGE.
1) Lose Fat. duh….
2) Increase muscle.
The problem with constantly trying to lose weight is that it’s inevitable that you will also lose some and in some cases A LOT of muscle in the process.
Now, I will try and dispel a few myths about muscle and show you how to achieve the smooth-lined sculpture you want.
You need to HEAVIER resistance training, and not a few pink dumbbell exercises at the end your workout.
“But I don’t want to get bulky”
Unfortunately, the pictures of female bodybuilders have scared away every woman in the world from lifting heavier weights, to their own detriment.
Let me say it out LOUD. Lifting weights will make you HOTTER!
Just in case you don’t believe me, here are 3 reasons Lifting Heavier Weights Won’t Make You Bulky
1) Some female bodybuilders on the cover of magazines that you usually see, take steroids. You aren’t doing that.
You better not be, cause I don’t share my Mach 4 facial razors ;(
2) Men naturally have 7-8x the concentration of testosterone that women do. How many men struggle to gain muscle?
Probably the majority of the men you know. So, if they are struggling with this significant advantage, you are not going to turn into the hulk over night.
3) When you are building muscle, it is a slow process and takes time.
Beliiiiiiieve me the body doesn’t just pile on more tissue as soon as you touch a weight.
Alright, you had better be convinced by now!
And here’s another scary knowledge bomb:
If you don’t lift weights or exercise to gain muscle, every year after you turn 30, the body loses an average of 1lb per year which decreases the amount of calories you burn and leads to fat gain.
That’s why so many people slowly gain weight as they get older. NO MORE SPANKS!
If FAT doesn’t scare you enough, without lifting weights that are challenging, the body slowly loses bone mass too, and we all know this can lead to osteoporosis and osteopenia. NOT GOOD!
Here are 3 reasons why muscle will help you avoid that:
1) Muscle helps you burn more fat at rest, which means you can eat more and not gain weight. Hello carbs. A great thing for long term body composition maintenance.
2) Muscle makes everything look better. Want that round butt? It all starts with built glutes and hamstrings. Defined shoulders? You need to develop your deltoids. Muscle fills in all the areas that are supposed to be there and helps you burn off the things that aren’t supposed to be there.
3) Being stronger helps prevent osteoporosis and osteopenia
So what does this mean to you? Building muscle should be your primary goal for achieving the body you want.
LISTEN TO ME…..
You will get more toned, and prevent bone and muscle decay as you age, the best ANTI-AGING combo.
THE WORLD DON’T NEED NO MORE GOLDEN GIRLS. The world needs more cougars.